Do you know what is hard to look at but harder to look away from? Real crime documentaries that make us face the sinister side of reality. Here is a list of seven such documentaries for you.
In recent years, the true crime genre has exploded. From podcasts and documentaries analyzing past cases in forensic detail, to books about disturbing murders and TV dramas that bring true-crime stories to life, the genre has gained audiences around the world. If you’re one of those too, here’s a roundup of some of the most gripping true-crime docu-series on Netflix that you NEED to watch –
• Indian predator: the Butcher of Delhi – Netflix India’s next spooky documentary – indian predator is based on a ruthless serial killer and his multiple bloody crimes. The series is a classic car chase led by the Delhi Police investigation team as they race against time to catch the ‘Butcher of Delhi’. The trailer promises a dark and dreary watch – one that is sure to intrigue and excite the “true crime” lover in you.
• House of Secrets: The Dead Burari – This Netflix documentary series – House of Secrets: The Dead Burari sent a shiver down the spine of the whole nation. A hair-raising account of Burari’s death, when an entire family of 11 was found hanged on the terrace along with the only surviving dog. From incorporating the many conspiracy theories to exposing the truth, the docu-series unfolds a narrative, backed by a solid storyline. Not one for the faint hearted!
• wild wild country – Released in 2018, this six-part Emmy Award-winning documentary series follows controversial Indian leader Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh and his former aide Ma Anand Sheela as they launch a utopian cult in the Oregon desert that eventually becomes the center of a national scandal. Not only that, it led to a huge conflict that resulted in the first US bioterrorist attack, as well as a major case of illegal wiretapping. It’s loaded with bigoted dynamics, breaking the law, and taking a look at American political culture.
• Don’t fuck with cats on the internet -This dark and disturbing documentary follows a Canadian pornographic actor – Luka Magnotta. Twisted as he was, in 2010 he shared graphic videos of himself torturing and killing cats to a Facebook group. This caused major outcry and outrage, leading a group of online hobbyist bandits and animal rights activists to launch their own investigation. But that’s not it, the documentary then takes a shocking turn by revealing more of his heinous crimes, including the murder of student Lin Jun in 2012. Between grim narration and eerie transitional music, Don’t Fuck with the cats is just the right amount of weird.
• Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes – Ted Bundy walked so Joe Goldberg could stalk. The infamous serial killer Bundy (played by Zac Efron) was known for his devilish good looks and charming antics. This documentary sheds light on her story through archival footage and interviews with surviving victims, their families, friends and law enforcement. The series managed to paint the killer for who he really is – a ruthless and ruthless serial killer. Not to mention, one of the most chilling aspects of the entire documentary series is his death row audio recordings that make you feel like he’s speaking directly to you – goosebumps!
• American Murder: The Family Next Door – If you’re a true crime lover, Netflix’s documentary film – American Murder: The Family Next Door, is a heartbreaking must-have. He delves into the heinous familicide that shocked a Colorado suburb in 2018. August 13, 2018 – Shanann Watts, 34, and her two young daughters went missing in Frederick, Colorado. Husband Chris Watts has insisted he does not know the whereabouts of his family. But as police investigated deeper, shocking details emerged. Director Jenny Popplewell provides a chilling look at the police investigation as American Murder recounts the events leading up to the horrific crime, Chris’ attempted cover-up and finally his November 2018 life sentence without the possibility of parole.
• Crime Stories: Indian Detectives – Netflix India’s true crime documentary series follows Bengaluru police as they attempt to solve four violent crimes. This gritty, intense spectacle is for those interested in something other than your average crime thriller. The riveting series seeks to understand the anatomy of a crime through the eyes of men in khakis. This is a story that is anything but ordinary.
Read all Recent news, New trends, Cricket News, bollywood news, India News and Entertainment News here. follow us on Facebook, Twitter and instagram.